Jewelers of America has elected Robert (Bob) F. Moeller II, President & Director of Sales of R.F. Moeller Jeweler in St. Paul, MN, as Board Chair.
NEW YORK — Jewelers of America (JA), the national trade association for businesses serving the fine jewelry marketplace, has elected Robert (Bob) F. Moeller II, President & Director of Sales of R.F. Moeller Jeweler in St. Paul, MN, as Board Chair. He succeeds Holly Wesche of Wesche Jewelers in Melbourne, FL. Moeller was elected on July 22, 2021, at Jewelers of America’s Board meeting that also welcomed five new Directors.
“It is a pleasure to have Bob as the newest Board Chair of Jewelers of America,” says JA President & CEO David J. Bonaparte. “Bob’s experience leading R.F. Moeller Jeweler will help Jewelers of America better serve our core membership of independent jewelry stores. His leadership will enable JA to better address all of their unique challenges and provide solutions through resources, recognition and representation.”
Bob grew up in the jewelry industry. His Father, Robert F. Moeller, founded R.F. Moeller in 1951. In 2006, Bob became president, and he now oversees the jewelry store his father founded. He has extensive gemology experience and is a GIA Graduate Gemologist and an AGS Certified Gemologist Appraiser. R.F. Moeller currently operates two locations in the Twin Cities of Minnesota and has built a reputation as being one of the best jewelry stores in the industry, revered for their incredible commitment to serving their customers and community.
“It is a privilege to serve as Chair of the Jewelers of America Board of Directors,” says Bob Moeller. “Jewelers of America has always fought for the jewelry industry and now more than ever, they are committed to helping their members succeed. I look forward to serving with the board.”
Board Executive Committee Elections
As Chair, Moeller will lead an Executive Committee of the following elected officers: Chair Elect – Coleman Clark, BC Clark Jewelers; Vice Chair – Matthew Rosenheim, Tiny Jewel Box; Vice Chair – Craig Rottenberg, Long’s Jewelers; Treasurer – Elise Greenberg, Greenberg’s Jewelers; Secretary – Karen Goracke, Borsheims and Past Chairman – Holly Wesche, Wesche Jewelers.
The following Directors have been elected for a three-year term:
· Jeffery Bolling, President & Owner, Jeffery B Jewelers; Denver, CO. After leaving the U.S. Army in 1986, Jeffery took his first jewelry job in Ohio and went from part-time sales to store manager to a travelling bridal ring designer for Zales. With over 30 years of industry experience, Jeffery is the only African American fine diamond, full-service jeweler in Colorado and is proud to serve the community with his son by his side.
· Kim Crawford, VP Divisional Business Manager, Fine Jewelry, Macy’s Inc., New York, NY. Kim is a merchant executive with experience in buying, planning, assortment building and stores at Macy’s for over 20 years. She is responsible for omni buying, execution and vendor partnerships. Kim previously held roles in Accessories and RTW at Macy’s and has worked for Bloomingdales and the former May Company division.
· Edward Dikes, Founder & CEO, Weston Jewelers; Weston, FL. Edward and his wife opened Weston Jewelers in 2001 and recently opened a second boutique location in the iconic Guitar Hotel. Edward grew up working in his father’s store and has extensive experience in gemology and customer relations. He is proud to welcome his children into the business.
· Valerie Madison, Owner, Valerie Madison Fine Jewelry; Seattle, WA. Valerie is a Black Latina fine jewelry designer, owner and creative director. Using recycled metals, sustainably-sourced diamonds and unique gemstones, Valerie designs jewelry intended to become modern heirlooms. Her goal is to create high-quality, artisanal and unique designs to celebrate her clients’ momentous occasions and love stories in gold.
· Tonia Leitzel Ulsh, President, COO, Co-Owner, Mountz Jewelers; Camp Hill, PA. Tonia’s passion for jewelry started at her father’s shop, later opening Mountz Jewelers in 1989 with her brother. Tonia is a member of the United Way of Carlisle and Cumberland County’s Alexis de Tocqueville Society, Legatus, and currently serves on The Salvation Army Harrisburg Capital City Region’s Board of Directors and the Forevermark Leadership Council.
For the complete list of JA’s 2021-2022 Board of Directors, visit jewelers.org/ja/members/about/board.